A PERSONAL WEBSITE AND BLOG
This page highlights a few things I've worked on recently and a few accomplishments.
You can see my résumé here.
My work has been featured on various websites. Below are some cool ones:
Selected Written Works
- Comparing Implementations of Optimal Binary Search Trees (May 2017): A research-focused project to compare different approaches to building optimal binary search trees: efficient data structures for storing a set of keys with associated search probability.
- Probabilistic Language-Agnostic Word Segmentation (May 2016): The code associated with the paper mentioned above.
- Pyklon: Full-featured command line klondike solitaire (May 2015): Powerful klondike solitaire written in Python. Fun to play in the terminal, but more a project focused on creating a feature-complete klondike engine. It features undo, powerful endgame detection, a hint system, and automatic solving of winnable games.
- png2ascii: Lightning fast ASCII image generator (August 2015): Convert your favorite images from PNG to ASCII as quickly as possible. Tuned with KCachegrind for best-in-class performance, and with no nasty external dependencies on libpng.
- Grub-Bud (May 2015): "Tinder for Yelp." A full-stack MEAN project that presented users with food images from nearby restaurants, allowing them to swipe to dictate food preferences, which would then suggest them dates with Facebook friends with similar tastes. No longer hosted online.
- RISC-style CPU emulator (November 2014): 14-instruction CPU emulator written in C. The CPU includes a segmented memory close to processors of a few decades ago. After implementing a perfectly functioning emulator, it was profiled with KCachegrind and sped up to be 12.5x its original speed. (Not hosted publicly for academic integrity reasons; email me for access)
- Personal Website (April 2015 - Present): You're on it now! I built a simple blogging engine with Flask that builds the content of the site from a directory of blog posts written in Markdown. The design is closely modeled after an earlier website I had through Squarespace. I focused on making the design clean, lightweight, and responsive for all screen sizes.
I love backpacking and mountaineering. I've summited 11 14,000ft. peaks in Colorado and have gone on some awesome 9+ day backpacking trips in Colorado and Utah.
Writers I Like
I admire the writings done by Federico Viticci, John Gruber, and John Siracusa.